The GingerLead dog sling has a soft inner lining, where it comes into contact with your dog’s skin or fur, and a durable exterior. It is easily used by passing the support sling under the belly and bringing the straps, which extend from each end of the support sling, together with the attached padded handle.
For additional control, a leash extends from the handle and connects to your dog’s collar or chest harness with a snap hook, just like any other leash. The straps that extend from the support sling and the leash are adjustable. The leash is also detachable.
GingerLead dog slings are available in all sizes for toy to giant breed dogs and are machine washable. Our male support pad, which contains a cutout, is available in small, large and tall sizes. Male GingerLeads may also be used with female dogs.
GingerLead is recommended by veterinarians, veterinary orthopaedic surgeons and veterinary rehabilitation therapists as a post-operative or post-injury recovery sling, to help rehabilitate pets after surgically repaired hips or stifles (knees) or during rehabilitation from injury to back or legs. It also helps to provide rear support and stability for elderly dogs with weak hind legs.
- Easy to use
- Adjustable to fit most breeds
- Soft, padded belly sling designed to minimize bunching
- Integrated handle & leash maximizes control, safety & comfort
- Male slings available
- Machine washable
- Only one hand needed to help your dog walk
- Made in USA
HOW TO USE
Adjusting the GingerLead
The GingerLead is adjustable to fit various sizes of dogs and owners.
Sliders, attached to the straps on each side of the support pad, allow the straps to be lengthened or shortened. Position the sliders at the same location on each side of the support pad to keep the strap length the same on both sides. The handle moves along one strap. The slider feeds through the handle when needed. Once adjusted, slide the handle to the top.
Shorten or lengthen the leash through the plastic buckle that attaches to the handle. A strap clip slides along the leash to hold the loose end.
Putting a GingerLead on your Dog
- Pass the sling under your pet’s belly holding the straps on each side of your dog. The handle should always be on the left side of your pet.
- Hold the handle with attached leash on top. The corduroy lining in the handle should be facing down. Align the free strap on the right side of your dog under the handle.
- Wrap the handle under and around the free strap and close the ends of the handle together so that the free strap is inside the handle and the leash is on top.
- Attach the snap hook from the leash to your dog's collar or a standard chest harness. Now you're ready to go!
Click here for tips to introduce the GingerLead to your dog. For more detailed sizing information please click here for PDF.
IMPORTANT: Always follow any instructions from your veterinarian for your dog's specific condition