Pheromones are natural chemicals secreted by the cat’s body. When a cat feels safe, it rubs its head (cheeks and face) against objects in your home or your legs, leaving behind facial pheromones. These send messages of security and reassurance within an environment. Feliway® mimics these facial pheromones and will have a calming affect when sprayed or diffused in the home.
Signs of a happy cat:
- A tail straight up in the air, with a relaxed flick of the tip of the tail
- Lots of affection, including rubbing against your legs or cuddling on your lap
- A high pitched “meow” while chatting with you
- A healthy appetite
- Lying on its back with four paws stretched out
- Being curious & playful like a kitten.
Using Feliway® will help to keep your cat feeling secure and at ease at all times, making for a happy, more playful, and affectionate cat!
Unlike dogs, who give obvious behavioural signs to their owner when they need something, cats are far more discrete and complex in showing that they are in distress. Feline stress can cause a range of health problems and affect a cat’s behaviour. Signs of an unhappy cat include: loss of appetite, over-grooming, scratching, low activity, hiding, over-eating or spraying of urine. Knowing the common warning signs of when your cat is feeling stressed is essential in supporting their emotional well-being and to improve their feeling of security and contentment.
Feliway® is feline specific, odourless, non-sedative and can be used alongside other medication.
Feliway® is available as a diffuser for continued home use, or a spray. Feliway® spray can be applied daily alongside the diffuser when needed- for travel to the vet/ groomer/ boarding, moving to a new home, new furniture, renovations or in trouble areas where urine spraying or vertical scratching is seen.
HOW TO USE FELIWAY® DIFFUSERS IN THE HOME:
- To help stop and/ or prevent feline stress, we recommend to plug Feliway® diffuser in the room where your cat spends most of its time
- Just screw the refill vial onto the diffuser unit and plug it into an electric socket
- The diffuser should be plugged in continuously for best results
- One diffuser covers an area up to 700sqft and lasts about 60days
- Feliway® Refills can be purchase and replaced as required
- Up to 5 refills may be used before replacing the diffuser unit
- Avoid plugging in the diffuser under shelves or behind doors, curtains or furniture.