Adaptil® is an easy to use and convenient product for reassuring dogs during stressful situations which in turn reduces or prevents stress related behaviour.
Mother dogs naturally emit a pheromone to their puppies just after birth, to comfort them and reinforce the attachment between the mother and her offspring. Adaptil® mimics these appeasing pheromones to keep your dog calm and reduce or eliminate stress in dogs of all ages.
Adaptil® can be used in the following situations:
- Help promote learning during training and socialisation
- Help puppies or adult dogs settle in new homes
- Help dogs to cope with challenging situations such as:
- staying in kennels
- staying home alone
- visiting the vet
- new baby
Adaptil® is dog specific, odourless, non-sedative and can be used alongside other medication.
Adaptil® is available as a diffuser for continued home use, or a spray. Adaptil® spray can be applied daily alongside the diffuser when needed- for travel to the vet/ groomer/ boarding, moving to a new home, new furniture, renovations or in situations where stress is seen.
Adaptil® spray helps make travel and visits to the vet or to the groomer less stressful. It is a convenient formulation for intermittent use, especially when on the go!
Adaptil® spray can be sprayed directly on:
- your dog’s bedding
- inside crates
- indoor kennels
- in the car
How to use Adaptil Spray to reduce stress:
- Shake the bottle
- Simply spray 8 to 10 pumps of Adaptil® spray 15 minutes prior to expected effects stressful event (eg fireworks) and before introducing dog to the area
- Effects should last approximately 4-5 hours, reapply as needed
- Adaptil® spray can be applied directly on bedding, inside crates, indoor kennels, or in the car
- Always wait about 15 minutes before letting your dog near any sprayed areas to let the alcohol dissipate
- Adaptil® spray should not be directly sprayed on animals or near an animal’s face.