Home advice and exercise programmes
Successful rehabilitation and pain management for your pet requires more than just treatment sessions with a Paws in Motion therapist.
A home advice and exercise programme is an essential part of your pet’s recovery to help him/ her successfully meet their goals sooner.
A home advice and exercise programme incorporates:
- Appropriate manual therapies
- Specific therapeutic exercises
- Advice on home modifications
- Identification of restrictions in activity during rehabilitation period
- Assistance and information on the use of short or long term assistive devices for pets having significant mobility issues at home
- Weight guidance and nutritional support where needed.
A programme is individually designed in association with you, to ensure you can continue to be actively involved in your pet’s rehabilitation. We teach you a variety of manual therapies: range of motion, stretches and massage of targeted areas, which are selected specifically for your pet’s needs. We select therapeutic exercises which target the muscle groups that require strengthening.