Home advice and exercise programmes
Successful rehabilitation and pain management for your pet requires more than just treatment sessions with a Paws in Motion therapist.
A home advice and exercise programme is an essential part of your pet’s recovery to help him/ her successfully meet their goals sooner.
A home advice and exercise programme incorporates:
- Appropriate manual therapies
- Specific therapeutic exercises
- Advice on home modifications
- Identification of restrictions in activity during rehabilitation period
- Assistance and information on the use of short or long term assistive devices for pets having significant mobility issues at home
- Weight guidance and nutritional support where needed.
A programme is individually designed in association with you, to ensure you can continue to be actively involved in your pet’s rehabilitation. We teach you a variety of manual therapies: range of motion, stretches and massage of targeted areas, which are selected specifically for your pet’s needs. We select therapeutic exercises which target the muscle groups that require strengthening.
Asko had a tough start, born with hip dysplasia and needing surgery by 1 year of age. After doing well for years, Paws in Motion was called in to evaluate Asko after his gait or walk became increasingly abnormal and painful.